Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Fling Weigh-In #4

Sisterhood Spring Fling Challenge

Challenge Starting Weight: 155.2

Last Week's Weight: 150.8

This Week's Weight: 150.4

Loss This Week: .4

Loss for Challenge: 4.8

Total Pounds GONE: 15.4

  • I was hoping to hit a new decade this week, but considering the craziness that is my life right now, I should be rejoicing over a .4 loss. I did not track calories all weekend (actually just started tracking again this morning) and have run since last Friday. Even with all the travel between the hospital, my dad's place, and home, I've managed to keep up with the 30 day shred, so I'm at least getting a little bit of exercise in. It is fairly nice today and I'm hoping to get in a short 3 mile run in between taking my daughter to the doctor and then getting her to gymnastics. I am feeling a bit guilty about not getting in my training runs, but it is what it is. I have an extra week built in and really had no intention of taking the c210k all the way to the end with continual running. This week's ratio is 5:1, which for me sounds about perfect. We'll see how I feel about it after I try it this afternoon, though.
  • For those of you who have been praying for my family, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means the world to me to know that you are out there thinking of us. We did tell the kids about Bob this past weekend and they have taken it pretty well so far. They were able to visit with him on Sunday for a little while and he was looking pretty good, all things considered. The biopsy confirmed stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver and probably his upper colon. He's having another CT scan later today to compare with his CT from a couple weeks ago. Bob is still at U of M and we don't have any treatment options outlined yet, but they are doing what they can to keep him comfortable. We did get good news today that his IVC filter (a screen to keep clots from the lungs) is positioned correctly and won't need to be revised, so that is one less procedure to worry about. On the downside, he has developed an infection which requires gown and gloves and has some fluid in his lungs. My dad and Bob are hopeful that he will be able to go home possibly this weekend.
  • My dad is doing much better, too. When we were down on Sunday, my hubs and I convinced him to let me drive him back home (about 2 1/2 hrs) so he could get some rest. He seemed much more relaxed and rested after spending the night in his own home (he'd been staying with Bob's daughter but couldn't get any rest at her house). We also convinced him to stay in the Inn that U of M has for family members and he slept there Tues and Wed night. Today he told me he is driving home again tonight. I'm glad he is seeing that he needs to take care of himself before he will be able to take care of Bob.
Again-thank you all for the prayers and positive comments. I love you all. *hugs*
Bari

6 comments:

  1. (((((bari))))) i'm sure missing a few runs this week won't hurt anything on your training schedule. as for that loss, enjoy it. you're stressed and if you didn't track this weekend you had 2 big obstacles to overcome and you lost any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your dad is taking care of himself as well now. That's so important - for him to stay mentally and physically strong, for Bob and for himself.

    You're doing great at continuing to take care of yourself, as well! Bari, you are one strong, tough woman. Proud of you for taking a little bit of time for yourself each day to help you stay on target.

    Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss...emotional times can lead to bad scale days, but looks like you are doing great!

    That is good news about the filter, but I am still so sorry that he has to go thru any of it. Good idea keeping your dad and yourself strong while you help him thru the battle. Cancer sucks for everyone involved....prayers will still be coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bari, I think the fact you lost this week is amazing. It's so hard to take care of yourself and stay strong for others.
    I'm so sorry your family is having to deal with cancer. It's the pits. That's putting it nicely. My MIL has stage 4 metastatic lung cancer, so I can wholeheartedly relate. Drop me a line if you need to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang... so sorry to hear about the cancer. :( Definitely keeping you and your family in my thoughts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just surviving crazy family times is a success in itself (or at least in my family), so you add a loss to that and I consider it a major victory. You're awesome. ;o)

    Sending many positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...