Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Fling: Weigh-In 1

I had so much fun with the Shrinking Jeans Olympics and I even managed to win a couple medals. I never win anything, much less something related to sports. Way cool and a total ego boost if I do say so myself. I am so excited for this new challenge to start. Teams! I love teams! I can't wait to see what the sisterhood has planned for us this go-round :)

Now, on to the less than pleasantness:

If you read my True Confessions post this week, you know that I experimented with eating MORE to counteract the amount of exercise I've been doing since I gained weight last week after eating/exercising so well (weird concept, I know). Unfortunately, this may have backfired just a teensy-weensy bit. As of Sunday, I had gained over 2 lbs. Holy Guacamole! Apparently 1400 calories were a bit much after I had only been netting around 1000 or less for the past few weeks. I backed off to 1200 calories and I've lost almost all that I gained, but not quite.

My starting weight for this challenge is 155.2 (up .4 from last week). This still represents a 10.6 loss overall, so at least I don't have to give back my 10# button :)

Here's another number: Alterations for 3 pairs of dress pants: $51.00. Needing to have pants taken in: priceless!

So, bring on the team challenges, bring on the running (have I mentioned I'm training for my first 10K?), bring on the food logging. I am ready!

ps-did you know the Sisterhood is giving away 11 copies of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Now you do. Go here to enter, but you better hurry because the contest ends today at midnight! You just can't have the copy I am going to win-it's mine :)

3 comments:

  1. calories are such a tricky thing to get down. yikes - 1000 a day? i swear i'd starve at 1400 too.

    hopefully you can slowly bring that number up while continuing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, its tough to see what works fo ryou..good luck tweaking it. I had a slight gain this week too...we'll do better next week fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had to have pants taken in! LOVE! You made your pants shrink!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...