Tuesday, July 13, 2010

True Confessions Tuesday: Where we let it all hang out...

True Confessions

I really don't have it in me to do much of a post today, so I apologize for the bullet points.
  • I've actually made half-way decent food choices this week, except for a few minor slip-ups.
  • I made homemade salsa on Sunday with a jalapeno from my garden and other veggies from the farmer's market.  It was delish (although the pepper wasn't quite ready yet-no heat).
  • The downside to homemade salsa?  The chips that go with it.  I've eaten over 1/2 a bag of Tostidos Baked Scoops since Sunday. At least they are the baked variety.
  • Our blender died.  The one we got as a wedding present 15 years ago.  I had to buy a new blender.
  • The downside to a new blender?  I *had* to make margaritas last night just to make sure the blender worked.  Yes, I drank a big-@$$ margarita last night.
  • I've taken this tapering thing before a race to the extreme.  I ran 5.5 miles on Saturday.  They sucked, so I haven't run since.  I was supposed to do 2 miles yesterday and a 30 min cross today, but they haven't happened.  We are going to my friend's pool this afternoon, maybe I'll swim a couple laps.  Or maybe I'll just take a nap in the floating lounge chair.  I am going to run 3 miles tomorrow morning, even if it kills me.
  • I am trying to finish up a grad class.  It's one of those distance learning ones where you are totally on your own and have to get everything done by the due date.  Yeah, apparently I'm not as self-motivated as I thought I was.  This class is kicking my butt, but I have to get it done or I'm out mega $$.  I'll be typing up my paper tonight while K is at gymnastics.
  • I'm feeling melancholy.  I have no energy.  I have a headache.  I'm going to the pool now.

6 comments:

  1. The melancholy feeling seems to be contagious around the sisterhood. audrey and i have both had it. hope the pool cures what ails you!

    good luck with the grad class. and you're not gonna need luck for the race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your race this weekend even though I don't think you'll need it. Thanks for the sweet comment on my new blog. I love hearing from people who have had great success with WW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound a weee bit overwhelmed & under motivated-which often times come to me together! can you break everything into baby steps to make each goal seem more achievable?

    best of luck this weekend & w/your paper this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade salsa.... yum!!

    I am feeling awfully melancholy, too. No likey.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your feeling better...and yum on the margarita! There are defects, so it was a good idea to test it. and you stopped at one!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New blenders are awesome - especially the drinks we make to test them out. And I feel your pain on the distance learning. It sucks. I'm still debating on my next class (maybe pushing it til next month) because of the time involved. No fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...