Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: SDoS Week 5, The Post Chicago Edition

I run with the Sisterhood

Today is Wednesday, the day we all shed our clothes, trudge step over to the scale, and bare our souls to our sisters.  As I confessed yesterday, I had an amazing weekend hanging out with my dear friend Kirsten in Chicago, so I wasn't hopeful for a loss this week.  That being said, there is definitely something beneficial to walking all over creation and going for a couple runs here and there.

Here are my stats for the week:

Weight on June 23, 2009:  165.8
Challenge Starting Weight: 146.8
Last week: 145.2
This week: 144.2
Change: down 1.0
Loss For Challenge: 2.6
Total Pounds Gone: 21.6

The debauchery in Chicago didn't do as much damage as I feared.  I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with my little 1 pound loss.  I definitely need to keep up with my 10k training (race is on 7/17).  I've been getting the running and most of the crosstraining in, but have been piss-poor about the stretching and strength training.  Must improve in that area (yes, I know I say this every week, maybe I'll start to listen to myself).

We've had a mini-challenge this week to journal our food choices and I've been doing that.  Was not proud to state yesterday's dinner was 2 mini Heath bars, but that's what happens when your husband decides you are going to go visit friends and doesn't give you enough notice to pull together dinner for yourself after you've been working all day and then at gymnastics with your daughter and then trying to catch up on twitter and reader and then you go with him thinking your only going to visit for an hour or so and it's midnight when you head home

I did manage to lose another 95 pounds or so today as well.  Dropped my baby boy off at music camp this morning.  He'll be gone for 12 days.  I'm not sure whether to cry or celebrate.  Right now, I'm going to celebrate and take his twin sister to see Eclipse.  I'll cry tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! Don't you love when you think you are going to gain then don't??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your loss, friend! I'm jealous you got to hang out with Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh the good old trombone and band camp :) He's going to have a blast. I loved band camp :P

    Congratulations on an awesome loss this week, hooker! I'm so proud of you. Glad you got to hang out with Kirsten, too. She's pretty awesome.

    As far as the training goes, I was horrible at the strength training part too. I didn't really feel like it was totally necessary, but in hindsight I know it was. I've vowed to work on that before I start another training program for my next 1/2 in November. I'm ordering a kettlebell this weekend, so hopefully that will be the new strength training love of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo...down another lb...you are getting soo tiny! Great job.

    I have been trying to remember to stretch more before and after my runs, my legs are sore again today so might need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on the loss! :) and not completely losing it when you lost those extra 95 ;)

    now...when you gonna get at the weights??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...