Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: The Shrinking Days of Summer

I run with the Sisterhood
It's Wednesday, and you all know what that means.  It's weigh-in day over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  It has been blazing hot here in Michigan all week, and no matter how much water I drink, I still feel as bloated as my hair from the humidity.  It ain't pretty, people. Coupled with the humidity and last weekend where I spent many hours in the car, 2 days in a hotel, and "meals" at an arena to watch my daughter do this:



I was not thrilled to weigh in.  I decided to suck it up and get on the scale, resulting in these numbers to start our new challenge:

Challenge Starting Weight: 146.8
Last Week's Weight: 146.0
This Week's Weight: 146.8
Change This Week:  up 0.8
Loss for Challenge: N/A
Total Pounds GONE: 19.0

Considering how puffed up I currently feel, I'm not disappointed with those numbers, but I am excited to start this new challenge.  Mini challenges along the way sound like a lot of fun.  Outside of this challenge, I somehow got roped into volunteered to join the Sisterhood's own Lissa in a 10 day sit-up and push-up challenge!  It's even been broadcast across twitter, so I guess I'm committed now (or should be committed for agreeing to this)! You know I love you @LissaJoy!

I wasn't planning to set any specific goals for this challenge, but I really, really, really want to be under 140 by August 15.  That's my 2nd annual 39th birthday and the day we jet off to Disney to celebrate.  Wouldn't you know that's just after this challenge will come to an end.  Help me out, ladies!  Surely I can lose 7 or 8 pounds in the next 10 weeks, right??????

I've also just started running again after my 1st 10k just about killed my foot left me feeling a bit injured.  I was hoping to do another at the end of June and another in Mid July, but now I'm just hoping for the July one.  It's in my hometown and a beautiful course along the bluffs so I hope I can stay healthy enough to run it.

So, friends, are you ready to shrink this summer?  I know I am!


6 comments:

  1. We are gonna rock this challenge!! I just know it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm doing the challenge too and I pray that I can lose a good amt of weight.

    Weight Loss Blog
    My Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. whohooooooo!!! now you have me inspired to sign up to RUN the 5k I walked last yr. can't wait to keep up on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can totally meet your goal by your big day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally lose that weight, Bari! You've got this in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! Even if I don't get under 140 by then, I'm cool with that. My original goal was to be in the 140's because my dr. wanted me back at 150, so I've already met that goal. Just thought I'd see how far I can push it. 130's may not be realistic for me at this point in my life, which would be totally ok. When I did WW, I got down to 136, but that was really hard to maintain. I'd rather be a little squishy but happy and healthy than try to get too skinny and be miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...