Tuesday, March 30, 2010

True Confession Tuesday: I Finished the 30 Day Shred

Woot-Woot! Over at the Sisterhood, we had a little challenge going on for the past 30 days. Workout to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred every day for 30 days and see what happened. Here is what happened for me:


Start of Challenge
Bust: 37.75"
Waist: 32"
Hips: 41"
Thighs: 24.25" each
Arms: 12.5" each
Weight: 153.8 lbs
After Challenge
Bust: 36.5 (down 1.25)
Waist: 30.75 (down 1.25)
Hips: 40 (down 1)
Thighs: 24.75 each (down 1 total)
Arms: 12 each (down 1 total)
Weight: 150.8 (down 3 lbs)





Because I wear my "fat goggles" pretty much all the time, it is hard for me to see changes in these pictures, but I know they are there. I've lost 6.5 inches and 3 pounds! I've had several pairs of pants taken in and my clothes are definitely fitting better. I know I'm a little stronger simply because I've upped my weights and can actually do a few real pushups before I wuss out and switch to girlies. I also know my flexibility has improved. When I started this challenge, I could not do a proper lunge with both legs at 90 degrees. Now I can, and it doesn't even hurt that much :)


Keep in mind, I haven't only been doing the shred. I've also been working on my c210k training. Because of major shin issues, I've backed off on the total miles I do each week. Last week because of a conference I had to attend, I only ran 5 miles total. That was pathetic, but I plan to remedy that situation this week.

Since this is True Confessions day, here they are:
  • I didn't run as much as I should have this week
  • I drank beer and ate artichoke asiago dip (with chips)
  • I had 3 (or 10) Hershey miniatures and baby Kit-Kat bars at the exhibit tables
  • Did I mention the beer and dip?
  • I hardly drank any water over the weekend

I plan to keep at this workout. There were definitely moves that I hated (hello anterior raises, rockstar jumps) but it really made me sweat. I love that I could get a total body workout in less than 30 minutes and feel like it really kicked my ass. Thank you Shrinking Jeans for the DVD and the motivation and encouragement to keep at it EVERY FREAKING DAY FOR 30 DAYS!

4 comments:

  1. great job Bari!! :) you're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo proud of you for sticking with the 30 day challenge! I can totally tell a difference. Especially in your arms and tummy....woot woot!

    Enjoy the break from Jillian, it''l be nice to visit her every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bari - great job! Thanks for pushing me to not miss a day! ;)

    You look great!

    Beki

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...