Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring Fling Challenge-Weigh-in #1

I am happy to report that I am DOWN 1.6 to 153.6. I lost what I gained the past 2 weeks, plus a little more.

I'm most happy about the serious deposits I've been adding to my bank this week. I am picking up in my 10K training and managed to run outside twice this week. Since last Thursday, I've run/walked 15.25 miles! (Since I started posting on dailymile back in November, I've logged 106 miles!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap!) The intervals are getting closer (I'm 50/50 now with 2 1/2 minute intervals) and next week the tide shifts to more running than walking. According to my Nike+, I'm also running those intervals faster than I've ever run before. Today's run segments were between 8.5 and 10.5 mph pace. I'm extremely proud of that!

Today's run was particularly emotional for me. I was on the home-stretch and "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus shuffled into my playlist. Have you every really listened to the words? I finished my run with tears streaming down my face. I am going to run a 10K in a little over 2 months.

"Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb." This song is about the journey. We are all on a journey, whether it be a journey to work out a little more, lose weight, walk your first 5k, run your first 10k, or train for a 1/2 marathon to fight cancer. We are all on a journey, and no matter how long it takes us to get there or how discouraged you may get from time to time, we will get there. And our friends from the Sisterhood will be with us every step of the way.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss, Bari! When is your 10k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! :) and don't forget about those of us you'll be meeting up with in disney next January to run our first marathon together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 10K is Saturday, May 8, so I plan on really milking the whole Mother's Day deal the next day :)

    Brooke-Your faith in me to be able to run a marathon is astounding, but unfortunately, the timing of the race sucks. It will fall after our Christmas Break, so I'll already be back to school. I also looked into the San Diego half for June, but we are still in school then. So, even if I was able to run those distances, I couldn't join you guys. I would never be able to get time off that close to a school break. Stupid school rules. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your post made me cry. I love you and I am so proud of the strides you have made in your running!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!

Happy New Year 2020

It looks like my M.O. is to open this blog when I get the notification the domain name renewed. LOL oh well. I hope everyone is having a n...